The Company, established in 1958 in Tokyo
Kalita sells quality drip-based coffee-making equipment as a means of encouraging
the growth of regular coffee consumption in households.
The company was founded in 1958 in Japan. With the success of the company came.
With the success of the company came the expansion to other countries.
Today the term Kalita is synonymous with quality in the field of Pourover coffee.
Pour Over Coffee
The pour over method involves pouring hot water through coffee grounds in a filter.
The water drains through the coffee and filter into a carafe or mug.
Pour over is also known as filter coffee or drip coffee.
- October 1958
- Established at Nihonbashi, Tokyo
- Launched Shinmaruko factory at Nakahara-ku, Kawasaki-shi
- July 1959
- Established a stock company at Kandakajicho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
- launched as Kalita Co., Ltd..
- May 1960, Relocated Head Office to Nishishinbashi, Minato-ku
- October 1965, Established a delivery station at Nakahara-ku, Kawasaki-shi
- February 1967, Established Seto warehouse
- July 1971, Relocated Head Office in Nishishinbashi, Minato-ku
- July 1972, Established Nagoya Office
- June 1973, Established Osaka Office (current Osaka Branch)
- June 1975, Relocated Head Office to Omorinishi, Ota-ku
- August 1975, Established Fukuoka Office
- May 1976, Established Sapporo Office
- March 1977, Launched a factory at Kanaya, Shizuoka pref.
- August 1980, Established Logistics center in Yokohama
- May 1981, Established Sendai Office
- June 1981, Relocated Head Office to Nakarokugo, Ota-ku
- July 1985, Established a factory at Kikugawa, Shizuoka pref.
- October 1987, Established Hiroshima Office
- August 1989, Started sales of BEZZERA, Italian brand machines
- March 1990, Started sales of RENEKA, French brand machines
- March 1991, Established a factory at Shimada, Shizuoka pref.
- October 1991, Started production of non-bleached filter
- April 1992, Established Shimada Center at Shimada, Shizuoka-pref.
- September 1993, Started sales of FETCO, USA brand machines
- September 1994
- Started sales of CURTIS, USA brand machines
- Started sales of HGZ Swiss brand full-auto machines
- April 2002, Approved ISO 9001
- May 2003, Relocated Nagoya office to Meito-ku, Nagoya
- October 2011, Relocated Head Office to Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama